Friday, December 2, 2016

An Ounce Of Pretension Is Worth A Pound Of Manure

Well, well, well.  The news reader Ad Week featured on its cover and rather zealously labeled “news anchor of the year” is mulling over “her future” in the news racket. 

Megyn Kelly told the publication in a recent interview, “I'm seriously considering my future and I do feel very grateful that I have a spot at Fox News. I really have respect for the Murdochs. I haven't known them very well but I've come to know them and so far I like everything I've seen. So the thought of working for them is very alluring. But I have to figure this one out and give it all the consideration it deserves because I've got these three little people with me who I really love and want to see as well. This is a big one for me and I don't want to screw it up.”

Reports of “MeAgain” Kelly jumping ship are littering the Internet.  One network “is doing all they can to try and snatch” her away from Fox News.  CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker is said to be “moving the Himalayan Mountains to get her, but they are tripped up on money. He simply can't pay her the $20 million a year Fox has on the table,' according to an insider.

Sources who spoke with the Drudge Report said that Kelly is “despised” by the other on-air talent at the network who’ve described how things have only gotten worse since the release of her new book.  “Settle for More” is expected to end the holidays under 500,000 total copies sold.

If the star of The Kelly File does enter into a contract with CNN she will join former Fox News personalities Alisyn Camerota, Bob Beckel and Mary Katharine Ham, who all moved to CNN.  Beckel was always profoundly asinine.  Camerota, in keeping with the absurd theories so often promulgated at that network foisted a ridiculous notion that Americans should wear hijabs to show solidarity with Muslim women who fear being attacked.  Her suggestion came on the heels of the ISIS-inspired radical Islamic Ohio State University student who rammed his car into a group of people then got out and began slashing at passersby with a knife.

I say if “MeAgain” wants to join the headcases at CNN then Fox should let her go on her merry way.  It would greatly amuse Americans who’ve felt alienated by her if Fox did not renew her contract and she headed to the flailing cable news network for far less than the $20 million she is seeking.

Rupert Murdoch, who owns Fox, told The Wall Street Journal “We have a deep bench of talent, many of whom would give their right arm for her spot.”

I have one piece of advice that “MeAgain” may find useful.  It’s gleaned from one of my all-time favorite movies “Steel Magnolias”:  Pretty isn’t everything.  

UPDATE:  Welcome Bad Blue readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.