Thursday, May 17, 2018

CNN’s Jim Acosta: “I’m Ready For My Close-Up Mr. De Mille”

Last night CNN’s Jim Acosta appeared on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live.  Just a few days earlier, Kimmel the host of the show, revealed to Deadline he’d be pulling back on the anti-Trump rhetoric that’s become a signature of his late-night monologues.
"I don't know. I don't know how much focus there will be…I think people have had an ass-full of Donald Trump."
Kimmel introduced Acosta as “the persistent thorn in the flabby underbelly of the Trump Administration from CNN, please welcome Chief White House Correspondent, Jim Acosta.”
Kimmel told Acosta, “I love watching you bust their balls. I love it.  I can’t get enough of it.”
CNN has strayed into naked partisanship in pursuit of ratings and allowed Acosta to turn the White House Briefing Room into a personal editorial page because it makes for what the network believes is good television.
Acosta has become the epitome of the #Resistance while repeating the talking points of Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. 
Kimmel concluded the interview by asking the guy with the punchable face, “Will there ever be a scenario where you get to interview the President one-on-one?” Acosta replied, “I don’t think that’s ever gonna happen.  I don’t want to blow up the world.”  “Why,” asked Kimmel, “Do you think he’s scared to sit down with you one-on-one?”
Acosta babbled on about Sam Donaldson, the ABC News reporter notorious for hounding Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal and Kimmel asked, “Do you dare the President to sit down and do an interview with you?” to which Crybaby Acosta boldly proclaimed, “I dare him to sit down for an interview with me.”
Kimmel ended the interview saying, “I’m enjoying you tormenting them. I will say that.  It’s a small consolation. It really is.”
Ari Fleischer, former White House Press Secretary for George W. Bush, said Acosta’s combative tactics remind him of Helen Thomas.  Thomas was pro-Hezbollah and once asked Fleischer, “Does the President think the Palestinians have a right to resist 35 years of brutal military occupation and suppression?”  Fleischer said, “I loved it.  I’d let her talk all day because you could practically hear the American public disagreeing with her from the Briefing Room.”
So, yeah Jim, keep talking about Stormy Daniels, Russia, DACA and the human side of MS-13 gangs.  America will enjoy watching the “blue wave” dissipate into a muddy puddle come November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.