Friday, September 1, 2017

What A Big Church You Have There


I want to underscore that I am not bashing Christianity or religion. I am merely pointing out the disappointment I felt after learning Houston’s most famous pastor did not open the doors of his megachurch to evacuees of Hurricane Harvey as many other houses of worship did.
As the hurricane was forming in the Gulf of Mexico on August 17, Joel Osteen was recording a podcast, presumably with Harvey in mind. "The good news is He's going ahead of you right now, lining up the right people, the right supplies, the right opportunities.  He has solutions to problems you haven't had," Osteen said.

Those solutions were not on display at Osteen’s Lakewood Church.  It’s ironic a brewery which put beer production on hold to can safe drinking water for flood victims came out looking better than a pastor of a megachurch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.