Friday, September 1, 2017

Alabama Vs Florida State: A Horse Of A Different Color

Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney was asked about the season-opening matchup between Bama and the Noles.
“[Florida State is] similar to Alabama,” he said. “Alabama’s not going to give you anything. You have to earn it. They’re going to be able to match up with you. They’re going to be fast just like you’re going to be fast. So that ought to be a heck of a ballgame.”
Chip Patterson of CBS Sports would have you believe the SEC is no longer the top conference in college football citing Clemson’s win over the Tide, FSU’s Orange Bowl victory and Lamar Jackson’s Heisman Trophy season for Louisville.
We’ll just see about that!
Alabama has won 15 consecutive season openers. FSU, which is making its first Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game appearance, has won its last six.
FSU’s legendary coach Bobby Bowden was asked for a prediction on the game.
"I'm from Florida State because I coached here for 37 years," Bowden said. Of course, I was raised on Alabama football all my life. I think Bama will be favored, but it wouldn't surprise me for Florida State to eke it out somehow."
Son Tommy Bowden laughed.
"Great politician's statement. I'd say the same thing. He must be running for office,” he joked. "I think that would be the reasonable approach. What my father said is accurate. Florida State's talented enough to win. I do think they'll be underdogs. [If] both teams play as well as they can, Alabama wins.”
While little is known about the specifics of the offense new coordinator Brian Daboll has installed at Alabama since taking the reins in the spring, the Tide coaching staff won’t deviate too far from the script that has built a dynasty in Tuscaloosa.
Florida State is a worthy adversary.  Coach Saban hasn’t lost a season opener at Bama.  It’s Saturday down South after all and I’m still reeling from the last five seconds of last year’s National Championship Game.  Damn those Clemson Tigers!
Publix better hide those crab legs. Jameis Winston will serve as FSU's honorary shoplifting captain for the game.  
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.