Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Rudy Giuliani: There Is No More Time Left To Revive Our Great Country

I hope those folks who were interested in watching the first night of the RNC Convention from Cleveland did so without the filter of network or cable news channels.  I don’t need network news anchors’ to tell me what I’m seeing and hearing and I’m certainly not willing to listen to the foolish pundits on cable.  I opted to watch the convention on C-SPAN.
“Make America Safe Again” was the theme for the first night and one speaker chosen to touch on this theme was Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith who was one of four Americans killed in the hours-long embassy attack in Benghazi.  As the delegates listened to the pain in the grieving mother’s voice, the cameras panned the floor of the convention capturing the tears shed by so many as she angrily declared that she “personally” blamed Clinton for her son’s death.

"In an email to her daughter shortly after the attack, Hillary Clinton blamed it on terrorism," said Smith.  "But when I saw Hillary Clinton at Sean’s coffin ceremony, just days later, she looked me squarely in the eye and told me a video was responsible.  Since then, I have repeatedly asked Hillary Clinton to explain to me the real reason why my son is dead. I’m still waiting."

The Hill reported MSNBC's Chris Matthews was asked for his reaction to the speech:
"I don't understand why the Republicans would choose to put this on prime-time television when they have such wonderful stories of American heroism to speak to the American people.  I think it was wrong.” 
"I don't care what that woman up there, the mother, has felt," he continued. "Her emotions are her own. But for the country in choosing a leader, it's wrong to have someone get up there and tell a lie about Hillary Clinton. It's not true. It's logically not true. I think it's wrong that they ruined their evening with this." 
For me, the most powerful moment in the convention’s first night was the speech given by “America’s Mayor”, Rudy Giuliani.  I bear no shame in saying that I rose to my feet hearing his impassioned words.  Here are some excerpts from his speech.  (The video is embedded below in case you missed it.)
“In the last seven months, there have been five major Islamic extremist terrorists attacks on us and our allies. We must not be afraid to define our enemy.” 
“It is Islamic extremist terrorism. I did not say all of Islam. I said Islamic extremist terrorism.” 
“Failing to identify them properly maligns decent Muslims around the world. It also sets up a fear of being politically incorrect that can have serious consequences. And it has.” 
“This is why our enemies see us as weak and vulnerable.” 
“To defeat Islamic extremist terrorism we must put them on defense. If they are at war against us—which they have declared—we must commit ourselves to unconditional victory against them.” 
“This includes undoing one of the worst deals America ever made—Obama’s Nuclear Agreement with Iran that will eventually let them become a nuclear power and put billions of dollars back into a country that the world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.” 
“It was Hillary Clinton who advocated for the overthrow of Qaddafi in Libya. Now Libya is in chaos. Hillary Clinton is accountable for this and much more.” 
“Her dereliction of duty and failure to keep her people safe played a major role in the horrific Islamic terrorist murders on September 11-12, 2012 in Benghazi which claimed the lives of four brave Americans; our Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, U.S. Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith, and CIA agents Tyrone S. Woods, and Glen Doherty.” 
“And Clinton, and the Obama administration, for political reasons lied about the purpose of the attacks including her lying directly to the families of those who were killed.” 
“Hillary Clinton’s answer to Congress about the death of these four brave Americans because of her failures as Secretary of State was ‘what difference at this point does it make?’” 
“Watch the video for yourself and see the arrogant disregard for American lives lost unnecessarily. Make up your own mind.” 
“Anyone who can say that it makes no difference how or why people serving America are killed, should not be entrusted with the awesome responsibility to protect them and us and should not be allowed to be our Commander-in-Chief.” 
“She is in favor of taking in Syrian refugees even though the Islamic state has told us they are going to put their operatives in these groups so they can carry out terrorist acts against us and our allies.” 
“We can’t afford to repeat the mistakes of the past.” 
“Hillary CIinton’s experience is the basis for her campaign. Well, Hillary Clinton’s experience is exactly the reason she should not be our president.” 
“There is no more time for us left to revive our great country. No more time to repeat our mistakes of the past.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.