Saturday, December 21, 2019

And Now For Something Completely Different


Two weeks ago I was introduced to Doodle Chaos and the mesmerizing music visualizations of a young man named Mark.

Today, I’m sharing Tchaikovsky's ”Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy”.  Hold on.  I know what you’re thinking.  Rest assured this piece is as quintessentially Christmas as mince pies, fir trees and carols.  It captures the magical world of children, toys, snowflakes and candy all set to an abundant and perfect score.

The music has found it's way into such movies and television shows as Home Alone, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, Pet Sematary, The Knight Before Christmas, The Forevers, The Hustle, Monty Python's Flying Circus, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Simpsons Christmas Stories and even the wildly popular video game Tetris.

I hope you enjoy the little guys on sleds whooshing down the lines of the sheet music.  I admire and envy the uniqueness of Mark’s ability to create something so entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.