Friday, November 8, 2019

LSU Tigers Vs Alabama Crimson Tide: The Defining Game Of The Season

Tuscaloosa is always as busy as a beehive on game day, but this Saturday will be unbelievably amped up.  With the nation’s No. 2 LSU Tigers coming to Bryant-Denny Stadium to do battle against No. 3 Alabama, ESPN’s College Gameday will be in T-Town and the passion of politics will blend with the passion of college football with President Trump in attendance.

Since the “Game of the Century” in 2011 when the Tigers defeated the Tide 9-6, Bama has amassed an eight-game winning streak.

Head Coach Nick Saban commented on the national rankings saying, “I don’t talk about that.  I don’t talk about rankings.  It doesn’t matter where you rank if you don’t have success in what you’re doing, you’re not going to be ranked there long.”

In the CFP era, the No. 3 team has never gone on to make the Playoff since it began in 2014 and that is why this game will be the defining game of the season.

Heisman trophy nominee QB Joe Burrows is at the top of his game and Tua Tagovailoa, also a Heisman nominee, is rehabbing from a right ankle injury he suffered against Cowbell U.

Burrows struggled against Auburn two weeks ago and I guaran-damn-tee you linebackers Anfernee Jennings and Terrell Lewis are monsters on the D-line and they will hunt down Burrows in the pocket.  The Cajun Nation’s Derek Stingley and Grant Delpit are tenacious defenders and tailback Clyde Edwards-Helaire led the Tigers with 136 yards on 26 carries against Auburn so Coach Orgeron’s team has the best chance in years to knock off the Crimson Tide.

War Eagle is Bama’s “natural rival” but over the years the contest that ensues either at Death Valley or Bryant-Denny has become an epic battle of titans far more meaningful over the past 25 years than most rivalries the media crow about.

Need proof?

Tigers wide receiver Justin Jefferson was asked how different this team is compared to the 2018 team that lost 29-0 to the Tide in Death Valley.  His answer was, “I don’t really know the answer to that question.  We’re going to dominate.  I mean, there’s nothing much to it.  I mean, we owe them so we’re going to get to it.”

Did his mouth just write a check his ass can’t cash?  My beloved Crimson Tide thrives on disrespect and revenge and there’s no better feeling than making the entire college football world mad as hell when you win again.

This week has been LSU hate week.  I don’t do Hate Week because I happen to love me some Tigahs and because over the years I’ve been honored to cultivate a friendship with fellow blogger and SEC sister Diogenes of Diogenes Middle Finger.

For the last five years we’ve had a friendly bet on this game.  The loser makes a donation to Shriners Hospitals for Children, a network of 22 non-profit medical facilities who change the lives of children through innovative pediatric care.

Here’s hoping Bama has saved it's best for LSU.


UPDATE:  Welcome readers of Whatfinger News.

UPDATE II:  There was a knock at my door after the big game.  Coach Oeaux told me, “From now on Bryant-Denny Stadium is our house.”  How could I argue with that gravelly voice?  My sincerest congratulations to the LSU Tigers and the entirety of the Cajun Nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.