Friday, October 14, 2016

Alabama Crimson Tide Vs Tennessee Volunteers

It’s been “Tennessee Hate Week” here at Casa de Curmudgeon. 

Back in 2007 a journalism student at Bama interviewed fellow student Irvin Carney.  Carney did not hold back his feelings about hating Tennessee.  “Neyland Stadium looks like a garbage truck worker convention.  Tennessee’s colors are that throw-up orange.  It’s not that orange you can sit with.  It’s that puke inside of a pumpkin.  And I don’t like pumpkins.  I can’t stress that enough.  I hate Tennessee.”


The annual “Third Saturday in October” tailgate party is going to be epic.  Just before kickoff we’ll have the obligatory pumpkin smashing event.  From my deck the 40 pumpkins I bought will be lobbed over the railing and splattered onto the tarp I have spread out on the ground below.  It’s the best way to blow off your “I hate orange” loathing.

For the 115 years Alabama and Tennessee have battled one another the simmering hatred of this rivalry has been palpable.  This year Tennessee is hoping to recapture the glory days of the Peyton Manning era.   Alabama is currently on an unprecedented run against the Volunteers, with the Tide winning the last nine contests.  The Tide is 53-37-8 against the Vols.

The bookies in Vegas like the Tide.  Chances of Bama winning:  67.6%.  Tennessee’s chances:  32.4%.

In order to upend the Tide, the Rocky Toppers will need to play like “second-half” Tennessee in the first half too.  They’ve got to guard against fumbles and stop allowing the really big plays.

Unlike the abovementioned Mr. Carney, I don’t think all Tennessee fans are low-down, dirty snitches.  I am of the opinion that the “Garbage Truck Workers” have run out of miracles for winning games and Big Al is going to pop Smokey across the nose with a rolled up newspaper and head back to Tuscaloosa with a 10-game winning streak.

Dirty Dutch, loyal follower of this blog, is a rabid Tennessee fan.  The video embedded below is for him because he’s a friend.  Enjoy it buddy ‘cuz that’s as close as you’re going to get to “winning” against my Boys from Bama.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...