Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Princess Destined To Become A Warrior

The “Jeb Can Fix It” Tour began Monday morning in Florida at the Tampa Garden Club for the candidate who is currently garnering a measly 8% in the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.

Bush rather bizarrely told the audience, “If Lincoln were alive today, imagine the foolishness he would have to suffer.  Advisers telling him to shave his beard.  Cable pundits telling him to lose the top hat.”

He continued, to the amusement of the crowd, that he’d gotten advice too; to ditch his glasses, change ties, nail that zinger, be angrier and hide his inner wonk.  But he said, “I can’t be someone I’m not” and “getting things done isn’t about yelling into a camera or regurgitating sound bites free of substance.”

The tour and the release of his e-book, “Reply All Today,” reflect a ridiculous effort to jumpstart a campaign that many say has been flailing, after tumbling poll numbers and a widely panned debate performance.
He boldly declared, "I’m putting The Beltway on notice.  I’ll turn Washington DC upside down, too.”
The memes came pouring forth about Bob the Builder taking over for hapless Jeb because he has wilted under the taunts of Donald Trump and the rise of Rubio.
Bush has also acknowledged that he has to get better at debating and stumping. “I’m a grinder,” he told reporters during a campaign appearance in Iowa on Saturday. “I’m going to get better. I know I have to get better.”

Keep telling yourself that honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.