Wednesday, April 1, 2015

She Who Shall Not Be Named

On Monday, March 30, 2014 the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate was dedicated in Boston.  The $79 million institute was erected next to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library.

The Who’s Who of the Democrat Party were all in attendance.  There was soaring oratory from The World’s Most Dangerous Community Organizer asking, “What if we carried ourselves more like Ted Kennedy?”

Ponder that question for a moment.  For years ‘ol Teddy was photographed in the Kennedy family’s beloved Hyannis Port looking like a tub of shit.

Teddy was one of three debauched sons of privilege (four, if you count Joe who was killed during World War II).  It was that very privilege which saved his neck from being convicted of depraved indifference in the drowning death murder of Mary Jo Kopechne.  After pleading guilty to leaving the scene of the “accident” he received a two-month suspended sentence and his driver’s license was suspended for one year.

The parents of Mary Jo refused to have an autopsy performed on their daughter due to fears that it would reveal she was pregnant at the time of her death.  They received a settlement of $140,904 from Kennedy and his insurance company.

For 40 years, from 1969 until his death in 2003, Joseph A. Kopechne was haunted by the knowledge that his daughter did not drown in Kennedy’s Oldsmobile but asphyxiated gasping for air.  She could have been saved had Kennedy reported the incident right away rather than waiting 10 hours to do so.  Mary Jo’s mom passed away in 2007 and said that Kennedy never told her he was sorry.

There were a handful of websites that provided a link to a piece at Vanity Fair written by Henry Rollins following the death of Kennedy.  The link is dead in every instance that I have tried.  It is important to note that Rollins consistently lobbed harsh criticism at conservative politicians and pundits so it came as a bit of a shock when he penned the following in the online version of Vanity Fair:
“…I am very well known, a United States senator. My family is incredibly powerful. There are allegations that I had been drinking heavily hours up to the time I got into the vehicle with the passenger. I deny this for the rest of my life. That at no point did I make an attempt to call for rescue would probably be considered by many people to be outrageous and horrible, perhaps a crime that would carry a prison sentence. Can you imagine what the parents of the deceased would be going through when they found out that their 28-year-old daughter died alone in total darkness? I serve no time. Not inconvenienced by the burdensome obstacle of incarceration, I seek to maintain my elected position. I am successful and remain a senator for the next four decades. Would any deed I performed in that time, besides going to prison for the negligent homicide I committed all those years ago, be enough to wipe the slate clean? After my passing, would you fail to mention the incident and the death of this innocent person in reviewing the events of my long and lauded life? You wouldn’t forget about her, would you? That would be negligent.”
An article found in the Daily Mail describing the replica of his office included a photograph that rests on a desk that Kennedy once owned showing him with his grandchildren on a yacht.  I added a framed photograph of Mary Jo.
Liberals expect us to kneel in worshipful awe to their “Lion of the Senate”.  Kennedy was a drunken, lecherous aberration.  There was nothing heroic about the man. His grave should be pissed on and his “legacy” mocked often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.