Sunday, January 11, 2015

Divisional Playoffs: Dallas Cowboys Vs Green Bay Packers

Last night during the pathetic game between the Panthers and the Seahawks, NBC showed images of the field crew’s efforts to keep the turf at Lambeau Field from freezing for today’s meeting between my beloved Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys.  Kickoff is 1:05 PM ET on FOX.

The last time these two teams played against each other in the playoffs in Green Bay, the temperature was minus 23°.  The date was December 31, 1967 and came to be known as the “Ice Bowl”.  I remember that game well.  Today’s game, however, won’t be any “Ice Bowl”.  The temperature will be around 20° and may still be a challenge for QB Tony Romo who is 1-2 in his career in freezing temps.

There were some controversial calls in last Sunday’s game between the ‘Boys and the Lions.  Some folks are even citing stats that Detroit’s performance in the game showed they were better than the Cowboys.  The Lions outgained Dallas 397-315 and outrushed them 90-73.  The Cowboys pulled out the win even if it was somewhat tainted by a controversial call.

I have been a lifelong fan of the Packers going all the way back to 1963 when Vince Lombardi was the head coach, Bart Starr was the quarterback and the Chicago Bears were the National Champs.  The Packers are arguably the most storied franchise in the NFL.

When the Packers take the field today, QB Aaron Rodgers will be playing with a “significantly strained” and torn calf muscle that could affect his mobility.  I’m sure he’ll do his best to overcome it.  This is for all the marbles.

I have to apologize to blogger friend Randy who is as dedicated a fan of the Cowboys as I am of the Packers. I’d like to wish you luck Randy, but I simply can’t.

GO PACKERS! 

And because no football post would be complete without some pom-poms, here is a photograph of a Dallas Cowgirl sporting a really, really big smile IYKWIMAITYD.  I posted this because the Packers don’t have cheerleaders and to make Randy happy.  You’re welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.