Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ten Years Since Our Nation Mourned His Death

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the passing of America’s greatest president.

In this photo taken by AP photographer Mark J. Terrill, a still-grieving Nancy Reagan places 10 white roses on the headstone of her beloved Ronnie.  She has visited her husband's grave every year on the anniversary of his death.

Mrs. Reagan turns 93 on Friday.  In a statement she said, “I still feel his presence every day and often find him in my dreams at night.”

I wish I could give her a loving hug and tell her our nation dreams of him as well and misses his presence every day.

This tiny, frail woman seated in a wheelchair evoked such emotion in me.  It took a few minutes to wipe away the tears.

Ronnie awaits your arrival Nancy.  There will be a magnificent celebration in Heaven the moment you go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.