Monday, December 16, 2013

The Fraudulence Paradox

Saturday Night Live first aired nearly 40 years ago.  I was a 20-something way back then and the show was hilarious.

With talent like Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray and Dan Ackroyd, The Not Ready For Prime Time Players parodied politics and culture with their edgy skits.

In part because I matured over the years, and because the show became politically charged, SNL was no longer funny and I stopped watching it.  I still don’t.  I don’t have that kind of time to waste.

Many have credited the show with having an effect on the 2008 election, known as the "SNL Effect".

After years of being silent about The World’s Most Dangerous Community Organizer, SNL has finally begun mocking he who must not be mocked.

Last Saturday, SNL skewered TWMDCO’s shameful behavior during the memorial service for Nelson Mandela and also took aim at a fake sign language interpreter.  The Mandela memorial was the biggest state funeral since Winston Churchill’s 32 years earlier.

When I saw the Saturday Night Live skit with Kenan Thompson portraying the fake interpreter flailing behind Jay Pharoah who was playing the part of POTUS, I busted a gut.

It is impossible to respect this president.  He has become a laughingstock around the globe.  Its high time SNL jumped in.  Mocking The World’s Most Dangerous Community Organizer is not committing sacrilege.  Of course, this thin-skinned president may imperil their jobs for having done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.