Friday, December 18, 2015

Hope In The Galaxy

“Star Wars: the Force Awakens opens Friday after fans waited in line since Thanksgiving to be first to see the film. It’s one for the history books. President Obama has just broken Franklin D. Roosevelt’s record for the most number of Americans sleeping on the sidewalk in a three-week period.” Argus Hamilton from his December 17, 2015 column.
It’s hard to believe that 38 years ago I saw the first Stars Wars movie.  The world was a different place then. This morning I am attending the opening weekend of Star Wars The Force Awakens where I will once more travel to a galaxy far, far away as Rebels battle overwhelming enemies and root for the heroes to defeat the dark powers of The Empire.  It’s pure escapism.  Don’t judge me.
“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” ― C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.