Saturday, September 26, 2015

Alabama Crimson Tide Vs ULM Warhawks

Today my beloved Crimson Tide plays at home against the Warhawks of Louisiana-Monroe.  The game airs on the SEC Network at 4:00 PM ET.

After last week’s demoralizing defeat at the hands of the Ole Miss Rebels I, your humble Bama fan, note that the Tide took a precipitous plunge in the AP Top 25 Poll from No. 2 to No. 12, some nasty rumors about Offensive Coordinator Lane Kiffin were swirling this week (turns out it was an Internet hoax) and backup kicker Gunnar Raborn was suspended indefinitely after his arrest on Thursday for driving under the influence of a controlled substance.

I don’t want to be a “gloomy Gus”, but I hope these incidents are not portends if a dying Alabama dynasty.  There are far too many in college football who would love nothing better.

I was certain last week that Ole Miss would not win back-to-back victories against Bama.  Brother was I wrong.  This week ULM is undoubtedly looking to do the same thing.  Back in 2007, the Warhawks were at Bryant-Denny Stadium and won the game the Tide had squandered 21-14.

QB Jake Coker is going to be under center today and if he continues to look down his receivers, ULM’s defense is going to smother any chance at catching the ball.  I hope Kiffin stops thinking with his little head and starts thinking with his big head and works on Coker’s passing skills, otherwise the stories about Alabama’s dynasty dying will not be exaggerated.

The Warhawks are going into Bryant-Denny Stadium looking to pull off an upset. 

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

And because no football post would be complete with pom-poms, check out this week’s pretty young thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.