Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Beach Trip

It’s time to head to the beach.  The heat around here has been like 12 yards of hell so I might as well go where there’s strings of seagulls in flight, sand, salt water and briny air to make the heat more bearable.

I’ve loaded up the PT Cruiser and my furkid, Sophie, will ride shotgun.

This visit, one of many I’ve taken of late, will not be to help my friend who was recovering from carotid artery surgery but to have sheer fun.  My itinerary will include renting a jet ski and terrorizing the sea life, shopping at Broadway On The Beach, enjoying a night out at the Carolina Comedy Club, pigging out on seafood and homemade peach ice cream and ogling the hunky menfolk with killer tans who smell of coconut oil.

My friend’s son has planned a pool party replete with burgers and dogs and all the fixin’s.  Admittedly a pool is not the same as swimming in the ocean.  What it lacks in excitement, it more than makes up for by not having scary critters trying to bite you.  Sophie has her own doggie floatie to join in on the fun!

I’ve already purchased tickets to see the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a Chicago Cubs farm team, play the Carolina Mudcats.  I’m going to get in big trouble in the stadium rooting for the Mudcats because they are one of the minor league farm teams for the Atlanta Braves.  Our seats are in the field box smack dab behind home plate.  How sweet is that?

Proof is going to look after the place while I’m gone.  I’ve let the cops know to keep an eye on him. 

See ya soon.  Take care everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.