Friday, February 6, 2015

The Road To A Friend’s House Is Never Long

I’m off to visit my friend who is being released from the hospital this afternoon following carotid endarterectomy surgery.

When I traveled to her home two weeks ago to celebrate her 74th birthday I was told she was scheduled for the surgery on Wednesday February 4th.  Her son has kept in close touch with me because she was in a little trouble following the surgery.  Her blood gases contained too much carbon dioxide and her oxygen saturation was too low.  She had to stay in the hospital for another night.

They had her using a bipap machine rather than intubating her in order to raise the oxygen content in her blood stream.  She had a few other problems that were minor and now I’ve gotten word from her son that she will be released this afternoon.

I have been busily packing my stuff for the 3-hour trip to provide assistance during her recovery.  I don’t know how long I will be away, but I am counting on Proof to take the reins here to provide content while I’m away.

I’ve given him the keys to the liquor cabinet before and he’s done a wonderful job and I know he’ll do a good job for our readers this time as well.

Sophie, my little furkid, knows by the flurry of activity that something is up.  She’s a wonderful companion but she hates the big rigs that go past us on the highway.  In any event, when we get to my friend’s house she’ll have Teddy and Tika to play with while I help my friend get better.

I hope everyone will enjoy Proof’s posts.  I thank you all for your patience.  Life sometimes interrupts.  I just thank God he brought my friend through the surgery and I hope he guides me well during my stay with my long-time bestest friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.