Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Day The Earth Was Soaked With Tears

I uploaded this video four years ago in support of Project 2996.  Remembering 9/11 is gut-wrenching.  My heart is filled with sorrow.  The tears flow seemingly without end.  The memories are just as vivid today as they were thirteen years ago.

Every day that I pulled into the parking lot at work, before I turned off the ignition to my car, I would replay in my mind the searing images of the people clinging to the broken windows of the World Trade Center and the doomed souls who chose to leap to their death rather than burn up in the inferno that raged all around them.  They chose to leap into The Father’s arms. Those images were a reminder of why I was in that parking lot.

I am retired now.  No longer am I with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.  I will weep today as I have every year since that ungodly day when the sky was crystal clear blue and the Earth became soaked with tears.

The names of those who perished that day became a poem and the names became a chant and the names became a prayer.

I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.