Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Slacker Post

So far, my retirement has been nothing short of glorious.  I have to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming.  

Over the past twelve years I have never had a Sunday off unless I requested it.  Today is the first Sunday for the rest of my life that I can truly enjoy a leisurely Sunday.

Sophie, my little furkid, is in Seventh Heaven.  Ever since I got her she’s had to spend twelve hours a day alone in the house while I was at work.  Now, she is beside herself with joy.  She has her mom all to herself.

Just take a look at her.  Is that not the face of a happy pup?  She usually sleeps under the covers or on the same pillow my head is resting on.

This morning we were going to have breakfast on the deck and watch the squirrels and bunnies cavort in the back yard but it rained. 

I’m going to search for some good movies to watch nap through and enjoy a lazy day.  It’s Sunday after all and we’re retired.  Life is good.

I hope your Sunday is peaceful and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.