Wednesday, May 7, 2014

An Honorable Man

This past Saturday I had the distinct honor of meeting Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) as he was returning to Washington to attend the White House Correspondents Dinner as a guest of Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren.

As you may know by now, Congressman Gowdy has been appointed as Chairman of a select committee to investigate the 2012 Benghazi attacks during which “four of our fellow citizens were murdered, and a facility emblematic and representative of our country was attacked and burned on the anniversary of 9-11.”

At first, when I saw him standing about twenty feet from me I couldn’t believe my eyes.  I quickly walked up to him and asked if I might shake his hand.  He immediately reached out his hand to shake mine.

I told him that America was counting on him to get to the bottom of this god-awful tragedy.  My eyes began to tear up as I uttered those words.

He looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Yes Ma'am," and assured me that we are entitled to hear the truth about the attacks and its aftermath.

I wanted him to know that America supports him and he promised he would not let us down.

I was so excited about my chance meeting that I wanted to write a blog post about it, but when I got home I wasn’t able to access the Internet.  All I could do was post a Tweet.

About the four who were left to die at the brutal hands of Islamic radical terrorists Gowdy said, “They did what their country asked them to do.  They stood their post under dangerous circumstances even after requests for security were denied.  They stood their post.  The least we can do is stand this meager post that we have been assigned and demand that this Administration speak the truth to the people they’re supposed to serve.”

Gowdy’s appointment has struck a nerve and today reports reveal that Capitol Police are investigating emails that have been sent to the Congressman threatening him with harm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.