Sunday, December 8, 2013

Who Dat Cat?

I flipped the channels and saw that Miami was playing the Steelers, became quickly bored and flipped channels again to see a veritable blizzard in Philly where the Lions are up against the Eagles.  I love to watch football played in the snow.

It’s mildly amusing watching the grounds crew trying to keep the yard lines and hash marks cleared as the snow keeps piling up on the field.

I’ll be tuning into the 49ers and Seahawks game when the Lions and Eagles wrap up their game.  I think that the Seahawks are going to emerge the victor in that contest.

I’m actually waiting for the game on Sunday Night Football between the Panthers and the Saints.  Should be interesting.

Both teams are tied at 9-3 in the NFC South.  Tonight’s game is the first of two meetings between these rivals in the regular season.

The Panthers have won eight straight games.  The oddsmakers have New Orleans at -3.5 and predict they will win 27-23.

They may be right, but then again, the “Inch-by-Inch” speech Al Pacino made in the football flick Any Given Sunday seems appropriate for this confrontation at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium tonight in New Orleans.

A win tonight for the Panthers would be purrrrfect.

Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.