Monday, December 16, 2013

Using The Smoke Detector As A Oven Timer

I kid.

Everyone knows that Christmas is a time to bake up some tasty goodies for friends, neighbors and family and defy our diets.

Every year I bake up a boatload of my world-famous banana nut bread.  My job restricts monetary gifts to $10 per person.  Nowadays ten bucks won’t get you much.  So, I give my direct reports a loaf of my bread.

It’s made with lots of love and it’s mighty yummy.

I purchase the Christmas baking tins that come with lids and festoon them with mini bows and a Wilton® icing decoration.  Sometimes, I’ll use mini Christmas tree ornaments or mini Christmas cookie cutters.  I also include a red plastic knife in case the recipient wants to dig in right away.








Here’s the recipe:

2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsps baking soda
1 cup butter
2 cups of white sugar
4 large bananas
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups of chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350°.  Lightly spray three 8 X 3 ¾ inch loaf pans.  Mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Nuke the butter in the microwave.  Add the butter and sugar in with the other ingredients.  Stir in the bananas, eggs and walnuts until well blended.  I use a potato masher to blend the ingredients.  Divide the batter between the three pans and bake for 60 to 70 minutes in a preheated oven.  The loaves are done when a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

If you have trouble finding the loaf pans with the lids I’ve described you can cover the bread with aluminum foil to keep the moisture in.

These puppies are moist, moist, moist and the ton of bananas makes them super d-duper delicious.  They’re so good they’ll make ya wanna slap your momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.