Sunday, December 22, 2013

Santa Comes On Christmas Eve Seeking Those Who Yet Believe

From one of my most favorite paintings by D. Morgan is a Christmas sentiment I love dearly:
"Dear Santa...Are you still the same dear man I knew so long ago? Does Mrs. Claus still mend your suit and pack your bag to go? I knew the bells on reindeer hoof and felt the snow crunch on my roof. I ran to peek in at the tree (that breathless little child was me.) How marvelously jolly round, you stilled my heart without a sound. How quiet you were beside the tree, you drank the cocoa there from me. Now with values rearranged, please don't tell me you have changed. Does Mrs. Claus still mend your suit and pack your bag to go? Are you still the same dear man I knew so long ago?"
The world will never be as perfect for us grown-ups as it is in the eyes of children on Christmas morning.

I know that Christmas is the time we celebrate the gift of the Christchild.  His birth is more than a symbol of a holiday.  He is our joy and our salvation. 

I wish you all the joy and happiness this season can bring.  Let us remember in our thoughts and prayers all the military service men and women deployed on foreign soil that are protecting our freedom and cannot be with their loved ones this Christmas and keep in our hearts all the families that are no longer whole because they have lost a loved one.

I will be packing up the PT Cruiser and loading up my furkid, Sophie The Dog, for a visit with my long-time friend at the beach over the Christmas holiday and will not be posting anything for a few days.

I wish you and yours a Christmas abundant in God’s blessings, full of simple joys and warm in the presence of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.