Saturday, November 17, 2012

They Don’t Teach You What To Say To A Friend Who’s Dying

If we are lucky, we make friends across the blogosphere.  Years ago, I was the proprietor of the blog No Sheeples Here.  It was there that I “met” Amusing Bunni.

Bunni was a regular commenter there.  She’d pop in and give encouragement, offer kudos and generally wish cheery thoughts of the day.  She always brought joy to your life.

Bunni was always the kind of person who left footprints on your heart.  For those of us who were the recipients of the “little flowers” she left for us, we are able to walk forever in a beautiful garden of blooms enveloped in delightful scents.

I just learned that Bunni has fifth stage inoperable liver cancer.  She has been told by her doctors that nothing can be done and has been given three to six months to live.

This news is devastating, heart-wrenching.

I will not cry because her life on this earth is coming to a close.  I will smile that our friendship happened in the first place.

The blogosphere has rallied around Bunni to help defray her medical expenses.  It’s the least we can do for such a giving, caring person.

A PayPal account has been established to help Bunni.  Please, whatever you can give will be greatly appreciated.

As we approach Thanksgiving, it is a time when we take stock of all the things we are thankful for.

Those of us who know Bunni are thankful for her friendship and her many kindnesses.  The least we can do is show her that we love her back.  Won’t you please help Bunni now in her time of need?

If times are hard for you right now, please consider visiting her site and letting her know that she is in your thoughts and prayers.  You will be blessed for having done so.

Hugs and kisses, Bunni.  Fate ordains that friends must part.  They don’t teach you what to say to a friend who’s dying.  I will never forget you.  May God place His Hand upon your shoulder and comfort you in the days and weeks to come.


6 comments:

  1. Great words young lady. Thanks for saying what most of us don't know how to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Randy-g,

    Thanks. They were words from my heart and my heart is broken for Bunni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs)))
    I know this post was hard to write, but you done good.
    I have a roll call list at my place of people who are showing the loves to Bunni, I've added you too it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Curmud, this post brought tears to my tired eyes. I always wondered what happened to "sheeples". This new blog is gorgeous, and the picture you selected for the post is even awesome.

    God Bless you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness and friendship.
    I am speechless and so happy to have such a lovely friend.
    Thank you again, sweetheart I will sleep tonight very happily, I know, this is the perfect post to read before bed time.
    Love you, Bunni & Kitteh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunni, may God be with you in your exchange of this world for the next. We will all be with you in the great bye and bye. I will Paypal a contribution in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. However, if I were in your shoes, I'd fight. Try the massive injections of Vitamin C method. I have a friend who survived ovarian cancer this way.

    ReplyDelete

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.