Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Best Headline Ever!


The front page of Tuesday’s Tuscaloosa News read “Zero Doubt.”  It was much more than eye candy to hard-nosed fans of SEC football.  Those two words unequivocally settled the question surrounding whether Alabama was better than LSU.

While Monday’s BCS National Championship Game served as a rematch between the Bayou Bengals of LSU and the Crimson Tide of Alabama, it certainly was not a rerun.

I know that LSU fans are still smarting from their loss, but I must tip my hat to Pat of And So It Goes In Shreveport.  She is such a good sport. 

She asked in early December of last year if I would be willing to wager a bet on who would emerge victorious in the BCS National Championship.  Of course, I was confident that my beloved Alabama would beat her Tigers.

We agreed to donate $100 to Wounded Warrior Project if our respective teams lost.  Pat is proud to support WWP and that makes me proud to call her a friend.

Trying to make lemonade out of lemons, Pat offered this pithy joke after LSU’s decisive loss to Bama:  “I heard that a bunch of LSU fans are stuck in New Orleans. An Alabama fan painted a 50-yard line across the interstate and they can't figure out how to cross it,” alluding to the fact that the Tigers were only able to cross mid-field once during the big game.

I am proud of LSU’s record and I’m proud to know Pat.  Next year there will be another “chick fight” and no matter who wins, Wounded Warrior Project will be the winner.  That’s because we’re going to continue our agreement to help out this worthy cause while enjoying the strong rivalry between our beloved SEC powerhouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.