Saturday, December 7, 2019

And Now For Something Completely Different


When I was in junior high, so very long ago, our school system arranged to have students take day trips to hear performances of classical music by the symphony orchestra in our area.  I was one of the kids who appreciated the chance to hear the extraordinary music of the masters.

A lot of classical pieces written in the romantic era influenced movie scores such as John Williams’ Star Wars and Indiana Jones or Hans Zimmer’s Interstellar and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Beethoven is widely considered one of the greatest composers of all time.  His work stands with William Shakespeare’s plays at the outer limits of human brilliance considering most of his music was composed while going deaf.

I found this thoroughly unique and entertaining video via the inimitable Gerard Van der Leun and I thank him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.