Saturday, November 16, 2019

Baby Yoda My Day Made

The first live-action Star Wars series debuted on Disney+ on Tuesday.  George Lucas’ sentiment had always been that the Star Wars stories were meant for the teen scene, but I confess I have been a junky for 42 years since the release of Star Wars in 1977.

Disney+ launched its streaming channel featuring “The Mandalorian” this week and I gleefully plunked down the $6.99 per month for the privilege of being able to enjoy this totally different story being told to us.

The Mandalorian is an intergalactic bounty hunter hired by The Client to bring back an infant alien that has been beneath the supervision of the Empire.  If you’re a fan of Star Wars you know that Palpatine, the last Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, had been stealing power-sensitive youngsters away for years.

The infant is a baby version of Yoda so adorable you just want to boop his little nose.  He even comes with a floating crib.  And yes, the tyke has the ability to use the Force.

Like the Mandalorian, the baby is alone.  Will the bounty hunter choose to turn him over to The Client or will he throw away the money he needs to survive to save the baby?  In the end an Upnaught named Kuiil says to the Mandalorian, “Good luck with the child!  May it survive and bring you a handsome reward.  I have spoken.”

This is the baby we’ve been waiting for.  Protect you, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.