Thursday, June 28, 2018

I Was Mercilessly Hacked Today

You may not have noticed, but I was on a vacay for two weeks.  During my absence, co-bloggers Proof and Sig 94 were minding the store for me.

Apparently, a “black hat hacker” took control of my computer and managed to remove a Microsoft™ server and littered my files with garbage.

It took the tech at Microsoft™ an hour-and-a-half to clean everything up and reinstall the deleted server.

I don’t know how it happened.  I had recently contacted my IP provider to convert to a static IP address and update the firmware on my modem.  This attack was merciless.

I am still attempting to change passwords for everything and take the steps necessary to protect my bank account and other financials.

I feel totally disillusioned right now.  I hope you’ll bear with me as I try to settle down emotionally over this vile intrusion into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.