Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Century Of Cubs Futility

I think we can agree the Cubs played sloppy baseball last night.  They’re one game away from adding to a century of futility.  Only 5 of 44 teams to fall behind 3-1 in the World Series have come back to win the crown.

Joe Maddon’s got his top three starting pitchers lined up for tonight’s game:  Jon Lester, Jake Arrieta and Kyle Hendricks.  With lights-out pitching in his arsenal Maddon needs, no, must find a way to get Kyle Schwarber in the lineup.  The Cubs desperately need Schwarber’s bat.  The guy can swing the lumber!

When the cameras pan the stands at Wrigley you see so many elderly fans who’ve been waiting a lifetime for the Cubbies to win the World Series.  I hope they can pull off the comeback of the ages for them.  I can think of nothing more wonderful.  It’d be one for the history books.

GO CUBS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.