Wednesday, February 24, 2016

And The Oscar Goes To…

The 88th Academy Awards ceremony will be this Sunday, February 28, 2016.  All the voting has been completed and the results have been hermetically sealed and kept in a No. 2 mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall’s back porch since noon today.  No one but me the great seer, soothsayer and sage “Curmudgeon The Resplendent” knows the contents.  Using my borderline psychic powers I alone have divined the answer to who will be presented with the Oscar for Best Actress In A Leading Role For Pathological Liar.

Actually, I’m not all that resplendent.  Everybody in America knows the wretched fossil who held up a presidential debate because she took so long to bite off a log and took to barking like a dog at a political stump speech has a history of deflections, deceptions and untruths lies.  Even her staunchest supporters are wetting their beds over her “credibility deficit” due, in large part, to the interview with Scott Pelley during which he asked, “You talk about leveling with the American people.  Have you always told the truth?  Her answer was, “I’ve always tried to.  Always. Always.”

When Pelley pointed out that she had given herself “wiggle room” in her response she bristled saying, “Well, no, I’ve always tried…”

Pelley pressed her, “I mean, Jimmy Carter said, ‘I will never lie to you.'”  Visibly shaken by the hardline insinuation, Clinton said, “Well, but, you know, you’re asking me to say ‘Have I ever?’  I don’t believe I ever have.  I don’t believe I ever have.  I don’t believe I ever will.  I’m gonna do the best I can to level with the American people.”

Last Friday before the Democrat Caucuses in Nevada, Stephen Colbert pointed out the sheer stupidity of her answer.  He brought a small boy on stage with him to demonstrate how one should lie when faced with a searing accusation.

Hillary requires no tutelage on the subject of lying.  She is a Professor Emerita, JD, Ph.D.  See for yourself in the video embedded below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.