Saturday, January 2, 2016

The French Have Plenty of Problems, But They Still Find Some Time to Mock Us for Our Shitty Presidential Candidates

And I don't blame them, but honestly, the mocking I'm talking about is strictly good natured and welcome.
I got a very gracious email today from one of our good friends in France, known to American bloggers at HillBuzz, Conservative Treehouse, 4GFC and Weasel Zippers as "French Reader." Madame FR has been a wonderful friend and fellow conservative over the years since Barack Obama was elected the first time. She's provided desperately needed blogging insight into the politics in Europe and their view of our dilemmas here in the States. She's even gone so far as to send me, and others, French language papers and articles that I devoured and used for some of the posts I wrote, mostly around the time of the 2012 elections.

So, I was delighted to get a very kind Happy New Year message from FR this morning - in French - and happy to respond. She also sardonically wished us all a better 2016 than the horrible 2015 has clearly been, and gave me a little gentle crap about getting used to Madame Hillary Clinton being the next President, and how that's going to suck. I really hope she doesn't know something we don't, because we still hold out hope that one of our challengers will be able to beat back the Hillary Cash Juggernaut and live to tell about it. We hope...Thanks, and Happy New Year on the Continent, FR!

UPDATE: from FrenchReader over on the Grunt Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.