Friday, October 23, 2015

Alabama Crimson Tide Vs Tennessee Volunteers

This is the storied rivalry that dates back to 1901.  No. 8 Alabama meets unranked Tennessee at home in Bryant-Denny Stadium.  My beloved Bama is a 15-point favorite.  The boys from Rocky Top are looking to break an eight-game losing streak.  The Tide owns the series 51-38-7.
I’ve got my hate on and the Vols faithful are dreaming of the time 20 years ago when a young phenom by the name of Peyton Manning led them to a 41-14 whipping of the Tide and even sang “Rocky Top” with the band.
I’ve gotta say that is one awful song.  “Once I had a girl on Rocky Top.  Half bear, the other half cat.  Wild as a mink, sweet as soda pop.  I still dream about that.”  I guess with all the ‘shine those boys drink a gal that’s half bear, half cat is a pretty good catch in Tennessee.
Yep, the Vols are bragging about whipping Georgia before their bye week, but don’t forget we mauled the Dawgs in the Rain Bowl in a most convincing manner.
My boys are champing at the bit to continue the tradition started by Bear Bryant of lighting up a cigar in the locker room after they obliterate those orange Cheetos.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

And since no football post would be complete with some pom-poms, enjoy this photo of some pretty young things from Ala-by-God-Bama.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.