Monday, March 23, 2020

A Dream Remembered, A Civilization Gone With The Virus

This is the story of a woman and a civilization going through a war with an unseen enemy that will leave no one unchanged in its aftermath.

Scarlett O’Hara is a woman who can deal with a nation at war, selfish bastards carrying off everything from disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, comfort food and yes, toilet paper to hoard for themselves without any regard for their fellow man.

What will she have to do to survive?

The store shelves are barren.  Amazon can’t keep anything in stock.  Lawdy, whatever will she do?

Much like the scene in Gone With The Wind where a starving Scarlett hungrily pulls up a tiny radish to eat, our heroine can be heard to say, “As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be without toilet paper again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be paperless again.”

In the final scene, with tear-stained eyes uplifted in a sudden, curious burst of hope beneath all the turmoil of the Great Toilet Paper Crisis of 2020 we hear her say, “After all, tomorrow is another day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.