Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jackasses “R” Us


The best headline I read following the raging tirade of Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman was, “he made a great play, but lost his mind in post-game interview.”

Full disclosure:  I was rooting for Seattle to win the game against the Niners.  The sole reason for doing so was because I can’t stand loudmouth bullies and arrogant pricks like Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin and Colin Kaepernick.

I had not followed the Seahawks during the regular season and was unfamiliar with “the best corner in the world.”  My team, the Carolina Panthers, met the Niners twice in during the 2013 season.  The first meeting saw the “Angry Kitties”, as my friend Proof likes to call them, beat the Niners 10-9.  It was a different story in the NFC Divisional Playoff.  The Niners walked away with the win 23-10.

Proof and my two other blogger friends Odie and Stogie would rag on my team in a good-natured way throughout the games.  I now regret having favored the Seahawks over the Niners in the NFC Championship game.

Talking smack is part of the game.  The fans do it.  The players do it.  The coaches do it.  The sports “jocks” who anchor the games do it.  This player, Sherman, went waaaaay over the line in the post-game interview with Fox sideline babe Erin Andrews.  Some are reporting that she “loved” it.

“You expect these guys to play like maniacs and animals for 60 minutes,” Erin Andrews told USA Today's For the Win. “And then 90 seconds after he makes a career-defining, game-changing play, I’m gonna be mad because he’s not giving me a cliché answer, ‘That’s what Seahawks football is all about and that’s what we came to do and we practice for those situations.’ No you don’t. That was awesome. That was so awesome. And I loved it.”

Writing at Sports Illustrated’s MMQB, the insufferable “Ringworm Sherm” made a host of unconvincing excuses to justify his adderall-addled antics—the choking taunt, the fake handshake taunt and calling a clear holding penalty bullshit.  He has managed to convince himself that it doesn’t rain in Seattle.  He sees blue skies instead of storm clouds.

I’m no Inspector Clouseau, but it doesn’t take much effort to search “Richard Sherman PED” to learn that this clown has a performance-enhancing drug problem.  In fact, the “Seadderall Seahawks” have a problem.

Defensive end Bruce Irvin, Seattle’s first-round draft pick in 2012, became the latest Seahawk to test positive and get a four-game suspension. He joined John Moffitt, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy and Brandon Browner on the list of guys suspended since 2011.

Richard Sherman got popped last season when he tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, but he avoided a four-game suspension when he successfully appealed on the basis of botched testing by the NFL.

The Seahawks may have won the game last Sunday, but Sherman wound up being a loser.  He deserved all the blowback he got in the aftermath of that interview.

And like the Internet meme says, “I just made you a Broncos fan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.