Saturday, January 11, 2014

Big Game Bash: Cat Scratch Fever Edition

My neighbors have come to depend on me to provide them with a game day headquarters for good eats and good fun for all the big NFL games and Sunday’s game between the Niners and the Panthers is no exception.

I rented two long tables from a local party rental store.  I purchased some synthetic lawn turf carpet to cover the tables and then added white tape to simulate yard lines on the gridiron.  I’ll place all the food items neatly on the table with Panther player cutouts to label what the food items are.  I got the idea for the decorations here.

There’s lots of Panther-themed balloons, plates, napkins and cups.  There are even Carolina Blue plastic knives, forks and spoons.

Here’s the yummy menu for Sunday’s game:

Mini Man Burgers
Chicken Chili
Buffalo Drumsticks
Jack Daniels Bourbon Chicken Wings
Bacon and Cheese Potato Skins
Hot Sausage and Cheese Dip
Guacamole
Tons of nacho chips
Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Pulled Pork BBQ Sammiches
Extreme Banana Nut Bread
Marshmallow Nut Brownies
Tahitian Vanilla Bean Gelato
BYOB

Win or lose, everyone will leave Casa de Curmudgeon all fat and sassy.  I hope the Saints trounce the Seahawks and the Panthers scratch out a win against the Niners.  If that happens, then the Saints have to come to the Panthers’ house next week.

I’ll barely have time to clean up the mess from this party before I’ll have to set everything up for that big game bash.

Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.