Saturday, November 9, 2013

Titanic Tussle In Tuscaloosa

Saturday night’s alright for fighting and brother, let me tell ya, I’m jazzed about the brawl tonight between No. 13 LSU (7-2) and my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide (8-0).

The game kicks off at 8:00 PM Eastern.  I don’t get off work until 8:30 so I’m going to need that flux capacitor from Doc Brown’s time-traveling DeLorean in the flick “Back to the Future” to get home as quick as a bunny.  All that will be left will be flaming tire marks in the parking lot.  Hold on McFly.

I’ve already bet a buddy at work that the Tide will defeat the Tigers.  He’s gonna owe me a succulent plate of baby back ribs.

LSU’s QB Zach Mettenberger isn’t good at scrambling when the pressure is on and Bama is going to come at him with awesome aggression.

The game is being played at Bryant-Denny Stadium in front of 101,821 crimson-and-houndstooth-clad fans.

There’s a lot riding on this game for Bama.  Ranked No. 1 in the BCS standings, the Tide must whip the Tigers.  The Tide averages 210.8 yards rushing per game.  The offensive line is brutish enough to run-block and protect McCarron in the pocket.  The defense is built to stop the run and Alabama leads the nation in scoring defense and is fifth nationally in total defense.

I’d like to say the Tigers are doomed, but as we all know, a Southern Slobber-Knocker is anything but predictable.  I’m itching for a third consecutive national championship.  

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, baby!  Roll Tide!

UPDATE:  Should I get into a fight over boys with Pat of So It Goes In Shreveport and watch her yet again cheerfully donate to the Wounded Warrior Project when her boys, the Tigers, lose to my boys?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.