Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Hope You Have The Best Fourth Of July Ever

“You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.” ― Erma Bombeck

UPDATE:  I was up early this morning prepping for the Annual Red White and Blue Barbecue and Fourth Of July Block Party.  I took a break and decided to sit down for a few minutes.  I warmed up the old laptop to just browse the innerwebs and saw a tweet from Stephen F. Hayes.  His suggestion was a solid one.

He urged that we celebrate freedom by celebrating those who safeguard it.  I’m here to tell you if you can make it through this video without wiping away tears there’s not a speck of love in your heart for our service members, their families who sacrifice so much for us or a molecule of love for your country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.