Friday, July 26, 2013

Gone Fishin’

Not really.  I’ve been deployed to a super-secret location for two weeks of training.  I don’t want to go, but it’s required for my work.

I’m posting today because when I get home tonight I have to finish packing and double check my list to make sure I don’t forget anything.

I’ve had to take a day of vacation in order to arrive at my best friend’s home three hours away from where I live to drop my little fur kid, Sophie, off.  She will be staying with my friend while I’m in training.  I’m going to miss her terribly.

Sunday morning, I’ll hit the road in order to arrive at the super-secret location by 3:00PM to check in and receive my dorm assignment.

This is going to be like “prison” for me.  Believe me, when they issued a 103-page booklet of rules and regulations and a clearly stated curfew time of 10:00PM, this ain’t gonna be no fun.  No fraternization, no guests in your dorm room.  Meh.

Thankfully, I’m driving my own personal vehicle.  Others who will be attending this training are being flown in.

The only free time allotted will be on the weekend.

I won’t be taking my laptop with me because the Internet provided at this super-secret location will almost certainly be heavily monitored and since I’m a devout conservative my views could gin up trouble for me.  I’ll have none of that.

After my two-week “imprisonment” I’ll head back to my friend’s home, spend a day or two there to decompress and then Sophie and I will head back home.

I wish I could snap my fingers and make these next two weeks go faster.

Anyway, as I travel down the highways and byways of America, I will enjoy the freedom before my life becomes someone else’s for those dreaded two weeks.

I’m gonna miss posting.  I hope everyone out there, all three of you, who visit here from time to time won’t abandon me.

I’m told that the “prison” has cable TV and movies that can be checked out of the media center.  I’ll still have my Smartphone with me so I can check out the Intertoobs and try to keep up with the “oceans of tomorrow”.

Take care guys.  See you back here in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.